4 Signs of Weak Hair and How to Strengthen It
When your bad hair day turns out to be a bad hair week, you need to start asking “Is my hair weak and damaged?” Because of all the heat and treatments we often subject it to, you hair can sometimes lose proteins, lipids, and other building blocks essential to its structure. When this happens, your hair can become damaged and weak. Here are a few signs of weak hair you need to watch out for. Plus, a few quick tips on how to strengthen weak hair:
1. Split Ends In a well-lit room, take a small section of your hair, twist it towards you, and check the ends that stick out. Hair that splits in two is one of the telltale signs of weak hair.
The easiest fix for this is to get a quick trim to do away with the damaged ends before they travel up the hair shaft of your healthier hair. Follow through with a hair-healthy but gentle daily care of Pantene Aqua Pure Shampoo and Pantene Aqua Pure Daily Intensive Conditioner.
2. Breakage Do a quick finger-comb of your hair. Do you have a hard time running through your locks? Do multiple strands snap? Breakage usually happens when the outer layer of your hair is damaged. This causes brittle hair and gives your tresses a rough texture. In this case, try home remedies for brittle hair like olive oil. If you’re not up to putting pantry ingredients in your locks, there are over-the-counter products that can help you combat breakage. With Pantene, you can pamper yourself with an at-home hair treatment for brittle hair. Battle hair breakage with Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care Shampoo.
3. Dullness When researching on how to strengthen weak hair, you’ll find dullness as one of the symptoms you have to combat. If your hair lacks its usual life, shine, and luster even after conditioning, then you need to treat the signs of weak hair from root to tip. To bring back life and shine to your hair, rub a 5-peso sized amount of Pantene Nature Care Fullness & Life Shampoo after lathering, and massage onto your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing. This way, you gently cleanse, deep condition, and encourage circulation to the scalp all in one lather.
4. Dryness While dry hair doesn’t always mean it’s damaged, damaged hair always means it’s going to be dry. When your hair is dry no matter how gentle your cleansers are, it’s time to bring the big guns. Not sure how to strengthen weak hair from dryness? Repair dryness, damage, and protein loss from deep within the core with Pantene’s 3 Minute Miracle Total Damage Care Conditioner.
5. Tangles Having tangles once in a while, especially after intricate hairstyling, is normal. Having too many knots and tangles from rough hair cuticles, is not. The dryness in damaged hair makes it difficult to comb out the tangles, and trying to tame the tangles with a brush often leads to breakage. Want stronger and more manageable hair? Combat tangles and more with Pantene Hair Fall Control Shampoo.
6. Frizziness Due to dryness, damage, or humidity, your hair turns frizzy when the cuticles are raised, allowing moisture to pass through the strands and make them swell. The key in fixing the frizz is in locking in moisture to each strand. Combat frizz and more with the nourishing Pro-V formula ofPantene Silky Smooth Care Shampoo.
Now that you know the six common signs of weak hair, make sure to take care of your gorgeous locks with preventive and repair care from Pantene. For more information on how to strengthen weak hair, check out our best tips on the Pantene blog.