How to Prevent Hair Fall
You’ve probably heard all the old tales from your Titas and grandmas about how to prevent hair fall like brushing your hair 100 times before bed and avoiding wearing hats. There’s little to no truth in old wives’ tales, so your best bet is to go for tried-and-tested ideas on how to prevent hair fall.
1. Get enough rest and try different relaxation techniques such as meditating, journaling, and getting massages. This way, you can reduce your stress, which is important if it’s stress that’s causing your hair fall.
2. If you suspect that the causes of your hair fall may be hormones, illness, medication, or sudden weight loss, see a doctor so you can figure out what changes you can make in your diet, medication, or lifestyle to prevent hair fall.
3. Avoid hairstyles that stress the hair like tight ponytails and braids. Try alternating tight and loose hairstyles to give your hair a break.
4. Avoid high-heat hair tools to prevent breakage or permanent damage. Experiment with no-heat styling tricks and gentle hair products instead.
5. Avoid heavy creams and serums that weigh down your hair and mess with your hair’s natural oils.
6. Limit the use of chemical treatments like hair color, bleach, and perms. Those baddies also cause hair fall.
7. Finally, there’s one solution that’s so simple, you’ll wonder how it could be possibly true—wash your hair to prevent hair fall When you wash your hair every day, you strengthen it with all the nutrients and irritant blockers it needs. In the same way that working out strengthens your muscles, daily washing makes your hair more resilient and less prone to break or fall.